Re: Modern car names, no LBC

To: SDOliner@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Modern car names, no LBC
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 13:32:26 -0400
On Thursday 20 September 2001 12:58 pm, SDOliner@aol.com wrote:
> I remember the first foreign car I ever owned. A $50 bargain, a 55 Jag Mark
> VII Salon with a cracked block. I may have the Mark number wrong. Bit this
> was a monster touring car with burl wood picnic tables in the back. Pretty
> cool car for a 16 year old kid. Car had character. If you really closed
> your eyes, you could imagine that you were actually making out in the back
> with Queen Elizabeth and not your high school sweetheart.

Being too young to know what the queen looked like in her younger days (or
bring to mind any good pictures), plus the fact that the queen bears a
startling resemblance to my great aunt (who is closer to the Queen Mum's age)
makes this a none too enticing thought to me.

But to each his own! <VBG>

I do agree that would have been a great car to have had at 16 though!
Wouldn't mind having one now either.

Eddie
1971 Midget