Pa. dutch treats....? and smells.

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pa. dutch treats....? and smells.
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 18:02:48 -0000
ok-ok-ok!  the "wixon's " shoe fly pie did not last long!  *he-he-he!*  but
i'm really hungry for either a good funnel cake or some real corn fritters!
i guess it's up to me to heat up the old lard in a fry pan and make some
artery clogging epicurean delights!  yum-yum-yum!   hey!  one thing i can do
is cook!   (but ya would not know that from looking at me!  lol! )  yup!
wonderfull good pennsylvania dutch cooking!   now that's "comfort food" to
me!   hmm, i did not make a corn pie this year coming to think of it!  ya
see i knew my wife could not cook back when we were dating.  she even told
me so!  and i was not worried one bit!  lol!  i knew we were not going to
starve.   i can generate anything that has a recipe, but am not limited to
"following " directions.   mom taught me to do the hand full or dump method
of doing measurements of ingredients when i was rather young.   so cooking
is not a thing i fear.   but i really would prefer to be in my garage!   2
best smells in my world is fresh loaf of bread baking in my kitchen  or
just walking into my garage first thing in the morning after it has been
closed up all night.  wierd?  silly?  or just sick?  those 2 smells remind
me of my mother baking bread when i was little and the garage reminds me of
both my father's shop and my grandfathers shop when i was little.  some
times i can just stand and close my eyes and remember the past in living
color.   but reality always steps in and it's another day of  doing battle
with lord lucas and the forces of rust!  lol!
and the pennsylvania dutch do not waste any items when it comes to dinner
creations!  there some very horrible sounding creations that are very tasty
if you can get past the names or the mental picture of the "ingredients".

chuck.