Re: Modern car names, no LBC

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Modern car names, no LBC
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 00:42:04 -0400
On Thursday 20 September 2001 11:19 pm, Brent Wolf wrote:
> I must really be getting old. I remember being able to tell the year, make,
> and model at night from either the front or the back.

Someone (Kai Radicke) posted links on the MG list to a couple of the new MGs
about a week or two back. I hate to say it, but my first thought was "Looks
like a smaller, sleeker version of the Dodge Stratus." Especially with the
"gunsight grill".

Found the links:

http://www.pistonheads.com/shows/frankfurt2001/index.asp?storyId=2841

http://www.pistonheads.com/shows/frankfurt2001/index.asp?storyId=2830

The second one is the one that reminded me of a Dodge. The red color helps.
;-)

The ones in the first link look sort of BMW-ish with a Dodge grill. Not bad
looking cars actually. Just not terribly unique looking - but nothing much is
- kinda the point of this whole thread. Heh. :-)

They aren't the only ones to copy that grill (Dodge may not have even been
the first) but there was some model of Chevy pickup a few years ago that
looked a LOT like a Dodge Dakota. Several times I approached one in a parking
lot thinking from distance it was my Dakota. Had to get fairly close before I
could tell.

Eddie
1971 Midget