RE: Modern car names, no LBC

To: "Chris King" <cbking@mail.alum.rpi.edu>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Modern car names, no LBC
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 23:17:59 -0700 m>
Mr. Toyoda (Creator of Toyota) was advised by a fortune teller to start an
automobile division in his loom works plant and if he named his models after
something that started with the letter "C", he would become very successful.

The "C" type truck was their first model in the 20s, a beefy pickup truck.
Since, they have had:

Corolla, Celica, Carina, Century, Celsior, Crown, Camry, Corona, land
Cruiser (Studebaker had a "land cruiser" in the 30s I think), Cressida,
Carina, Curren, Cynos, Caldina, Corsa.

Not all imported into the US under those names and of course there are
Toyota models that don't start with a C, but the majority do.

Of course I think the all time best fitting name ever for any car is the
"Sprite". It fits.

Toby