Re: Taps dies etc. v.2

To: Daniel1312@aol.com, eddie@mediarchive.com, justbrits@home.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Taps dies etc. v.2
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 16:11:26 EDT
In a message dated 9/25/2001 3:20:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Daniel1312@aol.com writes:

I don't think so, Daniel. I think the increased strength comes from the alloy
used and the method used to make them.   They have a dimensions chart in the
manual but do not differentiate between Bowmalloy and standard bolts.

 Interesting fact:  Did you know the threads in quality bolts, Bowman, for
instance, are not cut into the bolt?  They are rolled into the blank bolt.
This does not compromise the "grain" of the metal like cutting the threads
into the blank would, and results in a stronger fastener.

--David C.