Synthetics Re: gearbox oil

To: IfixMGs@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Synthetics Re: gearbox oil
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 15:04:40 EDT
I don't think synthetics are the real issue here because there are of course
synthetic gear oils from Mobil and others.  In the early days of synthetics
there was a lot of ignorance like the warning not to use a synthetic in an
engine that had previously used conventional oil because it would blow your
engine up.  I only wish I had been given 5 Litres for every time I head that
comment.

The only thing you have to be careful with is overdrive units.

Daniel

In a message dated 26/09/01 19:34:11 Pacific Daylight Time, IfixMGs@aol.com