Overheating Update to the Update

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Overheating Update to the Update
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 23:43:38 -0700
I started re-assembly this morning at 11 AM of the Bugeye.  I got the
head back from the machine shop with the 3 leaking intake valves fixed.
They also resurfaced the head due to a .003 depression about in the
middle of the head.  I also installed the high performance Unipart water
pump last night while everything was apart.  I finished everything
including valve adjust, oil change and radiator refill (15% antifreeze
and Water Wetter) and had the car running by 4 PM.  I immediately went
for a test drive.  The air temp was in the 80s and the car warmed up
quickly.  In fact it started to get too hot sooner than it did before I
did all these repairs!  By 5 PM, as long as you kept moving on surface
streets (changing speeds) it would stay at 190F.  As it got cooler after
the sun went down, it ran at about 180-190F, as long as you kept
moving.  Amazing.
     I finally finished everything I had on my list to get ready for the
Wing and Wheels British Car show tomorrow.  I'll be trailering the
Bugeye the 70 miles to Santa Monica.
Mike MacLean Supercharged and Thermally Challenged 60 Sprite