Re: More Sandblast cabinet suggestions requested (the topic I won't let

To: kpdii@softhome.net, virtualvairs@corvair.org, shop-talk@autox.team.net, spridgets-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More Sandblast cabinet suggestions requested (the topic I won't let die!!!)
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 06:01:11 EDT
In a message dated 10/3/2001 12:40:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kpdii@softhome.net writes:

> Does anyone know a
> good source for a grate to use for the bottom of the cabinet.

Hi Patton:

For the grate, I think I would use expanded steel.  That is the steel that
looks like it has had small cuts made throughout and then pulled apart to
make a screen.   A steel supply company will usually cut a piece to size for
you.

Check out TIP (I think they have recently changed names) near Youngstown,
Ohio.  They have a great store of supplies for sandblast cabinets, plus kits
for the make-your-own variety.  You can also buy plans to make your own.
That would solve the math/funnel problem for you.  And a good source after
you build your cabinet for window savers and replacement parts.  I have their
catalog somewhere in my quagmire of paper.  If you can't find them, let me
know and I will try to find it.

--David C.