home from summit point!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: home from summit point!
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 21:39:04 -0000
whew!  there were spridgets wizzing past me all weekend!  you would have
thought it was a spridget convention!   i did my duty and controlled the
airborne pests all weekend with my saab.  i missed the group one party
saturday due to the fact i was unavoidably detained in an establishment in
shepherdstown........*burp*.    but i must report there were some very fast
cars out there and some fellow list members at their controlls.  hey chris,
i hope you liked the enthusiastic wave's from the passenger window of the
saab?  there were numerous spitfires, mini's, and assorted other interesting
cars out there!   of course i had the only saab atthe event!  go figure?
the weekend yeilded a few very anxious moments for me as i almost "t" boned
a green spitfire that spun right in front of me(seriously glad i did not!),
a white alfa sedan was diving inside of me and i saw him at the last minute
and yeilded to his agression just missing putting him into the apex of a
very hot tight corner, and the big dummy(me) yeilded to a car in an area i
should have not.....dropped a wheel off course and in trying to
recover..ended up going on an agricultural 360 degree expedition(luckily
staying upright!) in sunday's warm up in thre morning.   other than that
.....i got to wave to a bunch of my fellow group 1 competitors as they
overtook me at various places on course.  hey!  i brought home a running
intact car for the 8th time this year!(4 hillclimbs and 4 road courses).
my best lap time was a1.55.  wich is an improvement from my just over 2
minute times from june.  so i improved my personal best time.   sooooooo, as
i see it ......improvement is good!

chuck.