Re: Starter Problem

To: macleans@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Starter Problem
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 11:41:12 EDT
Mike
Congratulations of Second Place
Certainly sounds like the Bendix.
I am having the opposite problem with my Triumph. Starter gets stuck on the
ring gear if the engine doesn't kick over and then clanks, unless I shake it
loose with the car in gear. So I took out the starter. Broken front spring.
This has got to be at best $3 item, but Vicky Brits wants $39.95 for the
"spring kit." But what a pain in the ass job on the Triumph. Bolts back
against the firewall. Had to drop the exhaust pipe from the manifold just to
get two little fingers in there (on the other side in the TR) All the while I
was thinking about Frank C, who says he can pull a spridget engine in an
hour. I didn't time it, but I bet it took me almost that to get the stupid
starter out.

David Oliner
60 Bugeye
67 TR 4A sans starter