RE: Windscreen finally finished!

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: RE: Windscreen finally finished!
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 20:59:32 -0400
Cc: "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f9A0rZK11671
Thanks.  The wheels are the Mini-lite replicas (Minator I think) that
Moss, VB, and Mini-Mania sell.  They get about as many compliments as
the dash.  :-)

There were two reasons why I didn't go with the original block color
(black).  First, the car is a dark color (purple), and the engine bay is
black, so it would altogether be too dark under the hood.  The second
reason, you mentioned:  black oil leaks don't show up on black paint.
I'll have a chrome-ish powder coated valve cover, and potentially timing
chain cover too.

Hopefully I won't have any problems refitting the windscreen, but if it
goes like everything else, should take me about a month to get right.
heh heh...  Thanks for your comments/ideas.

And...definitely nothing free about the job.  People ask me how much
money I have in the project, and I just laugh and say: "You don't want
to know and, besides, neither do I!"  I am determined to get the machine
running this winter.  I just spent a couple weeks driving an '89 911
Cabriolet around, and realized how much more fun these Midgets are!  I
have to get mine running!  Harumph!

Adrian
http://www.midgetweb.com

"I didn't get a 'Harumph' from that guy!"
"Give the governor 'Harumph!'"
"Harumph!"