RE: Spec Sprites/Now stewardesses in Jello vs. racing! 2001 17:19:41 -05

To: toyman@digitex.net (Brad Fornal)
Subject: RE: Spec Sprites/Now stewardesses in Jello vs. racing! 2001 17:19:41 -0500
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 20:42:42 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: dmeadow@juno.com (David Littlefield), John.Deikis@med.va.gov, spridgets@autox.team.net, mgtd2@aol.com
I'd rather participate in the RBHouston (et
al) conversation regarding "rubbers" and
"shoes" but I always left "protection" up
to the fair sex, so know nothing in this respect.

Size is (and was) never a problem (ahem!), so am unconcerned in this
area
as well. (yawn)

First of all, "stewardesses" is cumbersome so let us use the Latin
derivative, "stewardi"; much easier.

So, we are left with stewardi in jello (raspberry was metioned, I
believe!)
vs. racing of the wheel to wheel type.

I am (as you would guess) experienced
in both matters and therefore, can speak
with some authority and, of course, expertise (obviously!). Having
practiced
the latter along with currently practicing
the former (on a one to one basis, these
days!) I can say the latter definitely will
give you more bang for the buck! :)

With respect to the fellow who has an
oil pressure problem with his Sprite, go
for the source of the problem rather
than the treatment of symptoms. I would
surely substitute another gauge before
pulling the engine; good advice.

I once couldn't get an oil pressure reading at all on rebuilt unit. No
untoward
engine sounds though. Pulled the oil pressure reliefe valve and cranked
engine
to see whether we got any oil flow.

Oil popped out, followed by air, followed
by a steady stream of oil! Refit oil pressure reliefe valve, started the
engine
back up; everything normal! (Whew!) Turned up idle to break in the cam
and
no further problems. Hope it is something
this simple for you.

Off to fly the friendly skies! See ya'. :)

Cap'n. Bob
    '61 :{)