Re: Gearcase trouble

To: "Jens Maudal" <jens.maudal@c2i.net>
Subject: Re: Gearcase trouble
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 01:40:56 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
    Hold the gearshift in 2nd so it won't jump out of gear when you let off
the pedal and ignore the growles.  A couple of oz of STP will help for a
little while.
    My personal choice was to go with the Datsun 5-speed conversion which
you didn't mention.  It is much better than the ribcase,  more than the
change to a ribcase is over the smoothcase (think full syncro ribcase with
overdrive).
      If changing to a ribcase you will have to grind the very top of the
flange off your backing plate and may still have a problem with later
ribcases.  Using the thicker backing plate off a 1098 will solve that
problem.  Good luck whatever tranny you choose, lecture complete.
        Crash