Re: AACA2001 Show in Heshey PA monster panarama

To: ptegler@cablespeed.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AACA2001 Show in Heshey PA monster panarama
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:06:46 EDT
In a message dated 10/14/01 2:33:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ptegler@cablespeed.com writes:

> For anyone that's never experienced an AACA Show.....
> (Antique Auto Club of America)
> .....Supposedly nearly 12,000 cars in attendance,

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I believe it!  This was my first trip to the AACA show.  The food vendors
took up more room than any car show I have ever been to.  I got there with my
#3 child, Rich, at about 9:00 a.m.  A nice RBB parked next to me (I had the
Mitsubishi) so I introduced myself and the owner told me what to expect at
this show.  I decided early that there was no way we could take in
everything, so we would see what we would see.

After about a 15 minute walk, we got to the cars.  We checked out the row of
beautiful MGs, Healeys and Jaguars, then we went to find chuck.  Had a nice
visit with him, then went to get some lunch and look around some more.  There
are people who restore tractor-trailers at that show!

Got to the vendor tables by about 1 p.m., and most of them were packing up at
that point.  I thought it was a bit early, but it was getting hot.  We headed
back to the car at about 2, but we stopped by and met Jeff Zorn from the
Little British Car Co. and had a nice chat.

Now I know what to expect for next year.  I won't miss it!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport