WOW!! I coulda had a V8 (tm) FILETIME=[861B9B90:01C15970]

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: WOW!! I coulda had a V8 (tm) FILETIME=[861B9B90:01C15970]
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 09:14:37 -0500
VeeEight your Spridget
I won an interesting magazine off of eBay (your "beware, you may get
screwed in cyberspace" community) the other week. It is a May 1961 issue
of Cars, The Automotive Magazine. In it is an article entitled 4 great
engine swaps. The most interesting of the 4 was a 270 c.i. 'Vette engine
with the automatic powerglide slipped into a Bugeye. It is a 5 page
article with about 1 page of text and the rest is 22 photos of the car
with close-ups and tech tips. FWIW, he removed the accelerator pedal and
made the brake pedal the accelerator  and the clutch pedal becomes the
brake.............. This is not for the PURISTS ON THE LIST!!
The reason I mention this is that there are guys on the Spridget list,
(Keith Turk, are you out there?) that may like to actually to this with
an extra non-Bugeye (better Jay?) body. I am not sure about the Yahoos
on the Yahoo list, but I offer anyway.
If you will personally email me, I may be able to make copies (depending
on the quantity requested, it is work's copier) and mail a few out and
around. It saves trying to find an entire magazine from the early 60's
for one 5 page article. That rotary in the Drag Sprite is looking slower
already............................. and it isn't even rolling on it's
own yet!!
Speaking of the Drag Sprite, the protective cage is going in it as we
speak so there should soon be more photos of it on my clubphoto site, or
it would probably be easier to go to
http://www.justbrits.com/
The proprietor of this business, Ed Kaler, has been very kind in hosting
my photos and has also been very helpful in supplying me some parts for
my other stock Spridgets. When you get to the opening page, select what
view method you want to use (I prefer the one on the left myself) the
you to the Drag Sprite Story (already in progress......) later
all,              Brad Fornal