Speedi-Sleeve Update

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Speedi-Sleeve Update
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 10:52:13 -0700
If anyone has been following my crank pulley saga over the last couple
weeks, you know I got a replacement pulley from George Judson, er...
George Folchi to replace the one with the buggered up key way.  This
problem was most likely my fault for not tightening the crank pulley nut
correctly.  Well, I've learned my lesson about crank pulley seals and am
putting a Speedi-Sleeve on the "new" pulley just as a preventative
measure.  Mo$$ now sells Speedi-Sleeves for the crank pulley (Chicago
Rawhide part no. 99156) and one for the rear axle hub (part no. 99174)
for $29.95.  A call to the local NAPA revealed a price of $35.95 and not
in stock so a freight charge of $6.00 was to be added to bring it in
from Portland, OR!  A grand total of $42.00!
My yellow pages have about 6 different NAPAs in neighboring cities and
as I want to be back on the road today, I started to call other NAPAs.
The NAPA in Fontana, California had SEVEN part no. 99156 Speedi-Sleeves
in stock, but the price was $29.96!  The guy at NAPA in Fontana
explained to me the other NAPAs I called were privately owned.
Apparently there is a difference in prices between the company owned
NAPA and a privately owned store.  Buyer beware.
Mike MacLean 60 Sprite