Re: Another nut(ty) question

To: eddie_sheffield@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Another nut(ty) question
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 21:39:09 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/22/01 4:47:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
eddie_sheffield@yahoo.com writes:

<< It's shaped kind of like a nylock
 but all steel, and the end where the nylon insert would be has tiny slits
 between it and the main body of the nut. It seems to be slightly crimped or
 something that gives it some locking ability. >>

Eddie

These steel stiff nuts can be reused if they meet the same standards of
inspection that I quoted in my previous post.  They are, I believe, available
new, albeit of a slightly different design from several sources, if you
choose to replace them.

Curt