Just a Bit of the "Strange" - Small World

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Just a Bit of the "Strange" - Small World
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 08:12:07 -0400
As you all know, I work part-time as Concierge at a local resort and inn here
in Summerville, SC.  Yesterday afternoon I got a phone call from a lady in
Washington, DC wanting to make a reservation to come to the inn early in
December.  She stated her husband didn't want a valet to "touch" his car and
asked if we had secure parking.  I told her I understood and that as soon as I
got my MG Midget restored I wouldn't want anyone to touch it either.  She
laughed really loud and said "we have two MG Midgets, our daughter has one and
our sons each have two."  "My husband has worked on these cars all his life
and knows everything there is to know about them - they are our pride and
joy."  She told me she has an early 60s (can't remember the year) Midget!

This is really a small world where Midgets are concerned.
I never realized so many people love these little cars like I do.  She said
when they arrive they want to meet me and talk Midgies (as she calls them).

Just thought you would like to hear about this little encounter.  I can't tell
you their names but, as I have said, they are from DC.

Bev Cleary