Re: How Much Compression

To: "David N Waldmann" <david@vermonthardwoods.com>
Subject: Re: How Much Compression
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 09:22:35 +1100
Cc: "Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
You are all assuming perfect cam timing. For any cam I've ever seen
 on an A-series engine, the timing is such that,  for cranking speeds,
 the volumetric efficiency of the engine will be very poor. (since for
 example, in the running engine gas momentum is almost as important as
 the suction generated by the downward piston stroke)

This will have the opposite effect to which Ron correctly described -
which is less and which is greater? Don't know.

Personally, I just ignore the absolute numbers and just look for differences b/n
cylinders and differences b/n "wet" and "dry".

If the compression is too high you'll find out soon enough (pinking).

Mike