Re: How Much Compression

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How Much Compression
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 12:56:46 -0600
Unless I'm missing something here, aren't you confusing "compression ratio"
(a mathematical relationship of two volumes) with "compression pressure"?

John Deikis

- --- frogeye <frogeye@swcp.com> wrote:
> 11.5 x 17(or whatever atmospheric pressure is at
> your locale) =195.5 It does
> not compute. Check your gauge.

>>Check the gauge, but again, CR x atmospheric pressure
IS NOT WHAT YOU WILL SEE.  Because the air is
compressed in a constant volume, it heats up, tries to
expand (but it can't), so the pressure in the cylinder
increases, and the pressure read is much higher than
CR x ATM.  If heat were not lost through the metal in
the engine, it would be way higher still.

=====
Ron Soave