front suspension questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: front suspension questions
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 10:05:52 +0200
Hello again,

There's a couple of questions I think I need help with:

a. With regards to mounting a new A-link, do you (a) press both inner
pivot bushes in a vice (on each of the A-link's "legs") and then try to
push the whole thing between the chassis leg brackets or (b) press only
one pivot bush per "leg", push the A-link between the brackets and then
slide the other bush (per "leg") through the bracket large hole?

b. In a bottom-up direction, what is the correct order of
washers/spacers/etc on the king pin? I see "sealing rings", "thrust
washers" and "adjusting shims" all strewn around the two front
suspension exploded views in the Haynes book and can't make heads or
tails of it...

Cheers
Evangelos
66 Sprite Mk3