RE: think quick..4"

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: think quick..4"
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 14:36:09 -0800
David,

I have researched this subject a little... A couple of months ago, I wanted
to get some more "period looking" wheels for my Bugeye- I have Revolutions
fitted, and while I find them good-looking, I think that's more of a 70s
"look" than 60s... I was offered a pair of genuine Minilites for sale...
Problem is that the original were magnesium, and apparently, without
extensive testing, it is very difficult if not impossible to tell if the
rims are sound or have been weakened by racing use, or... Soooo- I did not
buy the Minilites. I kept my Revolutions but fitted better wheel lugs for
racing.

I run Panasports on my Mazdas, and will buy some for my Sprite- they are
Minilites look-alike, can be bought in "Ultralite" racing form, and I can
vouch (I don't always stay on the track!) that they are tough!

Jacques Le Clainche
1985 Mazda Spec RX7- road racing
1981 Mazda Spec RX7- road racing
1960 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite- Vintage road racing