Re: how absurd

To: IfixMGs@aol.com
Subject: Re: how absurd
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 07:21:57 -0600 (CST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey, don't blame the libraries.  The stupidity is in our incresingly
litigious and irresponsible society.  (Do something stupid and hurt
yourself?  Go find someone else to blame and sue them!)

A university library near here was dang near closed to the public when
someone tried to sue the university becasue they hurt themselves after
trying a stunt depicted in a book (a NOVEL, per pity's sake) that they
got from the university library (via interlibrary loan through a
public library).

> Re: agreeing that libraries might wish to CYA...
>
> I suppose then, they ought to ban books on
guns/cars/horses/electronics as