Re: how absurd

To: KansaR@diebold.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: how absurd
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 10:14:33 EST
In a message dated 11/8/01 3:20:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
KansaR@diebold.com writes:

> i called up my local library (akron is actually rather big)
> asked them if they had any videos on TIG welding.(yeah we bought one)
> the guy said ..(a little snooty) oh no we wouldnt want to carry videos on
> welding.
> umm..ok why not?
> WELlll you have to be certified to weld...
> umm..i'm  not certified but i weld, i just wanted some additional info
> on.....
> oh no..thats toooo dangerous, you might weld a gas tank and blow yourself
> up!. thats why we dont carry welding videos here at the library..

- - - - - - - - - - - -

That's a RIOT!!!  Did he use his best hairdresser's voice?

(Disclaimer - I did not mean to offend any librarians or hairdressers on the
list.  It was a joke.  Like the actor who played Uncle Frank (or was it Aunt
Jack?) in Mrs. Doubtfire, the one that made the mask for Robin Williams?
Y'know, a voice like that would fit the message above perfectly.)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'75 Midget "The Project"