hardtop and soft top compatibility

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: hardtop and soft top compatibility
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 14:32:15 -0500
All,

WHen putting the hardtop on the car a few weeks ago,  it occurred to me that I
could get it on without removing the soft top.  SO that's what I did.  I folded
the soft top as if I were going to drive with the top down (like I should be
doing), then installed the hardtop (like a miata owner).

I didn't see any issues with it,  but wanted to check with the list on whether
or not this might have any longer term adverse effects.  THe hard top is made
by Cutsom Hardtops,  and resembles the Snugtop with the glass rear window and
rubber seals.  Fitted to a '78 Rubber Lipped

THoughts?

Oh,  and yes,  I was razzing the Miata owners on the list.  So no nasty replies
about how there are miata owners present.  <grin>

Mike