Valve timing Update

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Valve timing Update
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 21:22:07 EST
I set the valve "timing" clearance to .019 per David Vizard and oh my, the
duration, opening and closing are within 1 degree of specs.
So I went back and checked the other manuals (I have a bunch of them and
leave them lying around the house and garage next to my spare reading
glasses) and found the following specs for 1275 valve timing clearances:
Bentley's The Offical 1275 Sprite/Midget Manual: .029
Haynes MG Midget Austin Healey: ditto
Autobooks Sprite Midget Owners Workshop Manual: ditto
Chilton's MG 1961 to 1979: No reference

So I guess I am going to believe that David Vizard is right, the first after
market manual had a misprint which was copied by everyone else.

Frank thank for your input on the new head gaskets.

So I am leaving everything in this engine alone.

David Oliner
60 Bugeye
67 TR 4A