Fw: Questions, questions

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Questions, questions
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 21:42:50 -0800
Greetings happy spridget owners.  (Owners of happy spridgets?  Perhaps . . .).
As usual, I appeal to the wisdom of the collected masses.

I recall seeing mentioned (at least one) preferred vendor for re-sleeving
and/or re-building brake master cylinders.  I also recall seeing several
"don't do this!" messages as well.  I've failed in searching the archives for
the vendor names; can anyone help me out with the name of a preferred vendor?

Secondly, said leaking master cylinder has resulted in paint loosening and
bubbling on the sheet metal around/under the mounting bracket.  Any particular
suggestions for surface prep prior to attempted repair?  I was thinking of
simply cleaning the area with wire brushing and alcohol; and then brushing
paint on (of the correct color).  It's only the area underneath where the
master cylinder mounts, so I'm not exceptionally concerned about cosmetics.

As for overall status, I'm still struggling away with tracking down
miscellaneous electrical faults and other niggling problems.  After I get the
basic systems functional, then I'll try to adjust the distributor timing to be
somewhere in the correct neighborhood, add petrol, and try to start it up.
Won't *that* be a red letter day.  Actually, that will be just another day -
it'll be special on that day that it runs!  Lots of little mysteries to be
solved before that takes place.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!