Re: S.U. Carb Trade In

To: Larry Macy <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>, Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: S.U. Carb Trade In
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:25:12 -0500
I think that is probably Z Therapy - http://www.ztherapy.com - but the deal
isn't exactly what you remember. It's $100 of a remanufactured pair for every
pair you send in. From their page:
( http://www.ztherapy.com/CarbRemanServiceIndex.htm )

"Extra Carbs Core credits-send us your spare SU's for $100 off (5 extra pair
$500 off, ect...).  5 core pairs for us to keep and your core (6pr) will get
you a pair of ZT Reman SU's for only $65 (delivered).  We are currently
accepting 1 1/4" HS2, 1 1/2 HS4,  2" Jag, 240Z, and 2000 Roadster carbs for
extra bucks off.  We were accepting others, but after the quarterly
inventory, we found over 700 lbs of British 1 3/4" carb aluminum polished and
ready to go.  This exceeds our threshold of "core cushion". No Stromburgs or
1 3/4" HS6, please."

They do some interesting things with SUs, most notably installing SS bearings
(not bushings) and undersized throttle shafts for improved airflow and no
more shaft/body wear. Not available for 1 1/4" SU though. Only 1 3/8" and up.
:-(

HTH!

Eddie
1971 Midget