Re: S.U. Carb Trade-In

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: S.U. Carb Trade-In
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:46:01 -0800
Eddie,
     Thanks.  I seem to remember seeing this web site in tha past, but I
did not
connect it with the offer.
Mike
BTW, while I was at APT the other day buying parts for my carbs, David
mentioned
his modification for increased airflow.  All it was is to cut the part
of the
shaft with the through holes for the butterfly off with a hacksaw and
screw the
butterflies directly to the other half of the shaft that is left with
some small
6-32 allen drive screws he provided me for a couple of bucks.  What is
left is
only the butterfly face and two small screw heads on one side of the
shaft.  On
the other side, the little bit of screw thread protruding is ground
off.  The
screws are installed with Loctite Thread Lock.  An easy modification for
improved
airflow.

Eddie Sheffield wrote:

> I think that is probably Z Therapy - http://www.ztherapy.com - but the
deal
> isn't exactly what you remember. It's $100 of a remanufactured pair
for every
> pair you send in. From their page:
> ( http://www.ztherapy.com/CarbRemanServiceIndex.htm )
>
> "Extra Carbs Core credits-send us your spare SU's for $100 off (5
extra pair
> $500 off, ect...).  5 core pairs for us to keep and your core (6pr)
will get
> you a pair of ZT Reman SU's for only $65 (delivered).  We are
currently
> accepting 1 1/4" HS2, 1 1/2 HS4,  2" Jag, 240Z, and 2000 Roadster
carbs for
> extra bucks off.  We were accepting others, but after the quarterly
> inventory, we found over 700 lbs of British 1 3/4" carb aluminum
polished and
> ready to go.  This exceeds our threshold of "core cushion". No
Stromburgs or