Re: painting advice wanted- correction

To: "Michel R. Gagne" <mgagne@unc.edu>, fergie9 <fergie9@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: painting advice wanted- correction
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 09:00:18 -0800
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
In my opening sentence, I meant to say "I would strongly recommend _NOT_
stripping to bare metal."

...regarding Mike's question, use phosphoric acid to treat stripped
surfaces. However, do not paint over the treated metal without removing the
coating phosphoric acid leaves. You must clean and scuff to bare metal
prior to starting the paint process.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -