Re: painting advice wanted- correction

To: Geoff Branch <gjbranch@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: painting advice wanted- correction
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 16:42:39 -0600
Cc: Gerard <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Answer to many questions...In restaurants we used phosphoric acid to
clean ice machines and fryers and such. Hard water build up and that
hard chunky stuff that ends up in fryers. The vinegar cuts the phosphate
coating and aids in its removal.
vinegar dilutes more easily with water than the phosphate coating. This
may be overkill but if you left even 1 drop in anything consumed it
caused diarreha and vomiting.
        If you are going to scuff the metal for painting anyhow the vinegar may
be unnessesary. It is just habit for me. I hope I have not misled
anyone.
Bruce Lowry
Easygoing scientist