Re: kryptonite

To: TMHEFFRON@aol.com, sfooshee@clubrx.org, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: kryptonite
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 15:56:15 EST
In a message dated 12/28/01 2:35:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
TMHEFFRON@aol.com writes:

> As a previous owner of a 1971 VW Campervan, I'd volunteer
> it as the single most dangerous and unpleasant vehicle I've ever owned.
> Slow, terrible handling, bad bad bad.  Nice to sleep in though.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

On the other side of the coin, I had a '67 VW bus and it was great.  I put on
dual Weber carbs and that thing (no, it wasn't a Thing, it was a bus) took me
everywhere.  Handled good in snow, too.  No, it isn't very fast, but jeez,
it's like driving a brick wall into a headwind.  Bring a rock to put on the
gas pedal and you have cruise control.

I had a great stereo in it, and it was nice to be able to get up and take a
walk (stopped of course), without going outside.  I didn't have a problem
with handling, because it isn't that fast to start with.  I'm sure there are
upgrades for the suspension.

I wore out the clutch and noticed that the floor pans were rusting, so it was
goodbye to the bus.

Just my 2 pence.

Allen Hefner
"send chuck to sebring" fund coordinator (another Saab story!)
Send donations via PayPal to my e-mail address - ajhsys@aol.com
Checks should be made out to: Charles F. Christ Sr.
Snail mail to me at:
PO Box 286
Abington  PA  19001-0286