Re: SUV Name Game!!!!!

To: "Spridgets-Autox.team" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SUV Name Game!!!!!
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 09:13:41 -0500
From "Frank Clarici" <spritenut at Exit109.com>

> I like the chevy Subdivision which is bigger then lake Tahoe!

LOL

> What is that new Chebbie that I see, sort of a 4 door 1/2 pickup plastic
looking
> um, ah, vehicle? That surely is an SUV (Stupid Useless Vehicle)
> Ford has one of those too, a 4 door car with an open trunk! Now that's
Progress!!!

Actually, like most fad vehicles, an SUV, even a specific example such as
the Avalanche, are the perfect "form follows function" vehicle for several
people - maybe even several thousand. Where it gets ridiculous is when
everybody and his uncle decide they "need" one too, because it looks cool or
whatever else they think about it.

The original Bronco, Blazer/Jimmy, Jeepster, International Scout, and even
the gargantuan Suburbans of the 60s and 70s were all SUVs and I never heard
anybody back then criticizing them. The people that needed one bought one
and the people that didn't bought something else.

There's nothing wrong with an SUV, it's the people.

I'll fess up here - I had an '91 Explorer for a few years which I loved, but
eventually "needed" something bigger, hence the Safari van.

<dnw>
1972 Midget
1998 Safari
1999 9-3