re:Weird Carb Problem

To: RMueller@grumobile.uscg.mil
Subject: re:Weird Carb Problem
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:17:10 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I'm running a single HS2 on my 67 sprite w/ a metro manifold and I modified the
carb per Vizard instructions.
A couple of things to pay attention to.
1. The float bowl angle is wrong w/ the Mtero manifold.  I had to file off the
"ear" on the float bowl so I could change the angle and get it level
2. Make sure the fuel filters and carb passages are clean.  You're flowing all
the fuel thru 1 carb now instead of 2
3. I had to change dashpot oil to keep it from leaning out to much and dying
when I came off the throttle.  Once I got the viscosity right, it was much
happier
If you have access to a rolling road dyno, book the time and fine tune your
needle as described in the carb mods section of Vizard

If you haven't added a ram pipe, do it.  You're gonna LOVE the difference
These numbers were circulated a while back and are the length (inches) from the
combustion chamber to the end of the ram pipe
I have mine tuned for maximum ram @ just under 4000 rpm
When you nail the throttle it really goes
I'll never go back to dual SU's

Tommy
70B
67 Sprite
69 Sprite

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had
a name of pic10988.pcx]