Re: Weird Carb Problem

To: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>, RMueller@grumobile.uscg.mil
Subject: Re: Weird Carb Problem
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 11:02:02 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
David's on the right track, IMHO. Make sure the float bowl is level. You
didn't say exactly which carb you had. If it's an HIF-4 (integral float
bowl below the carb body) then the jet pickup tube should be modified by
slicing off the right angle so that you're left with just the straight tube
ending with a 45* cut.
         If the carb is an HS-4 (side mounted float bowl with flexible tube
jet) then the above wont help. But consider using the other handed carb
from your MGB so the bowl will only starve under the head-snapping
acceleration you describe.
         HTH   Peter C
=====