Re: Rear Brake Adjustment Question

To: "Michael Graziano" <mgraziano@mindspring.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Brake Adjustment Question
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 12:18:00 -0800
Mike,

Turn the adjuster until th wheel locks up, then back off. I usually back
off just one notch because it always seems like the brake adjustment will
loosen up some within a brief use period or ebrake usage, but the manula
says "until the shoes no longer rub". I don't think I'd go over two
"clicks" though. Too lose will also effect you ebrake.

The brakes cable has an adjuster on it if you still aren't getting any
grab. The adjuster are the nuts holdin the cable at the rear housing
bracket. See if that helps. Come to think of it, I remember now that '78s
have a different setup where it attached top the housing. There is a
reinforced rubber strap holding things together. Is it damaged or weakened
at at? If there is not an a set of adjustment nuts there, try the ones at
the rear bulkhead.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -