Re: Rear Brake Adjustment Question

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Brake Adjustment Question
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 22:39:42 -0000
Nick,
the set-ip for the 1500 is much simpler than for the earlier models.
I think that the advantages are much more to do with  fewer moving
parts and less "lost motion" in the linkages due to wear than is usual
on the earlier versions, than it is to do with weight saving.

The 1500 system basically "floats" - it is supported by a rubber/
fabric strap, but that is mainly to prevent rattles.

The main operating cable goes direct from the handbrake to the nsr
wheel operating lever.  A linking bracket connects the ferule on the
outer cable sleeve to the osr wheel operating lever, and provides for
automatic compensation between the 2 rear brakes. The support strap to
the axle casing merely stops that bracket from flapping about in the
breeze.

Guy