Re: MINI Announces MSRPs

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MINI Announces MSRPs
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 06:52:07 -0600
type79@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> I looked at Hondas some years ago. Just to break 'em off on the salesman, I
> pointed to the add-on $1,500.00 "market adjustment" item on the sticker and
>asked
> what this represented. His answer was something to the effect: "That's the
>market
> adjustment". "Huh"? "That's the price to bring it in line with what people
>will
> pay." (Pinch me.)

I had the same thing happen when the Dodge Stealth came out years ago.  (When
was
that--anyone remember?)  Anyhow, the little extra sticker price included
"ADP--$5,000".  I finally tracked down the owner of the dealership who was a
high
school buddy.  (How many years ago was that?)

Ol' Mike looked me straight in the eye and said: "Additional dealer profit".

According to the BMW dealer around here, all Minis "are spoken for and all are
going
at the MSRP".  The Stealth example, above, represented the only time a car
dealer
ever told me the truth.  I doubt the BMW dealer would make it two in a row.

--
Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO

Pop. 420