Seats

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Seats
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 09:25:18 -0800
I have a 1965 Mk III Sprite.   Do any of the later seats
fit directly into the rails on a 1965 model?  Also, I do have a roll bar
in
the Sprite.  Can anything be rigged up on that to prevent another
whiplash
if I get in an accident?  Thanks.

Joyce

Hi Joyce,
I have a 72 Midget, that came originally with the high back seats.
Admittedly, they were more comfortable than the MKI Midget seats that I
now have, but they just did not (in my opinion) look like they belonged
in a "sports car". The earlier seats bolted right in to the later car,
so I see no reason why the reverse would not also work. Also, some
Listers are having great success with Miata seats, that have the added
advantage of speakers in the head rests.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
Kate