try this

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: try this
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 14:36:02 EST
I wrote:

.  it's a 75 and my
> understanding is the cat came in 77 except california.

Gerard wrote:

Nope, other way around. Ca. cars HAVE the CAT others do not.

Just want to make it clear I meant the cat came in 77 except in CA where it
came earlier, 75 I guess.  Not a big deal but I didn't want anyone to think I
thought CA had looser emmissions standards, that would make me pretty ill
informed.  PS that thing about pets killed me, nice work.

Mark M

PPS so my original question still stands, doesn't the air pump provide extra
oxygen for combustion or whatever in the catalytic converter, and so that CO
can become CO2 with the additional O, and if this is the reason for the air
pump why have it without a catalytic converter?  it seems you would have the
same exhaust, plus some air, and the only possible benefit would be the car
could inflate a hot air balloon faster but would experience greater
backpressure.