Re: 1500 Carb Options-LONG! WAS: Re: distributors--Stalling DVAG

To: cbking@mail.alum.rpi.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1500 Carb Options-LONG! WAS: Re: distributors--Stalling DVAG
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 15:12:34 EST
Cc: @autox.team.net
Chris,

You have not included the sidedraught Weber in your list.

Merryman modifications will know the needle size for the HS6 / HIF44 single
carb on 1500 set up.

The British twin HS4 setup is obviously tried and trusted.

Forget all the other options and decide which of the 3 above falls within the
price range you are prepared to pay out for.  Bearing in mind that money
spent on a carb swap might not necessarily product the most bang for bucks.
For instance buying the cheapest of the 3 carb mods described above and
spending money on a pacesetter header and Maniflow silencer might produce
more power than spending the same amount of money on just the carb.

Nick