Re: Belt drive timing gears

To: pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Belt drive timing gears
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 06:25:36 EST
If the belt drive is a Titan product it should be ok.  A lot of the hi-lift
roller rockers that you say (I think including the APT ones) are Titan (you
can see the writing on the rockers).

I have a belt drive kit on my Sprite and even with the vernier adjustment (I
think mine is pin and peg?) the cam could not be exactly dialed in where it
wanted to be and I had a choice of slight advance or slight retard.

When the engine nexts gets re-build, which isn't soon (I hope) I may consider
going back to chain drive because the breather on the belt drive is
inadequate - course if I get the block drilled where it doesn't have a fuel
pump I can run a breather off their.

Nick