Re: The One Cool Cat ... Spanky (No LBC)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The One Cool Cat ... Spanky (No LBC)
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 18:22:01 EST
Lon and Gerard:  Thanks for the Spanky files.  The print is above my computer
desk and I don't care whether it is doctored or not.  I love it, and as I
mentioned, it looks like my 14 year old Tiger Kitty.

I don't have any car pictures on my machine of the car.  Bob has all the film
files and stuff on his.  I'll see what I can do for pictures, however I
should say that this car is a 1960 Nevada Beige Bugeye that I bought new.  We
equipped it with Wire Wheels and backup lights externally.  It really doesn't
look any different than your average Bugeye except for the wheels.  It has
engine and ribcase, carbs, brakes and clutch master cylinder, seats, dash,
instrumentation, package  shelf, and any other goodies we could steal from a
rolled (2000 miles old) l967 Mark IV (no emission equipment).  New stuff in
1967 included a Moto Lita steering wheel, and an ABARTH (which wasn't illegal
yet).  We drove it for some time that way and then set it aside with a
transmission problem.  15 years later (1996) we did a frame up on that
configuration, since by that time it had about 60,000 miles on the new
engine.   Gerard has a picture of us at one of the S.W.A.G events on his web
site.

Will get pictures to you as soon as I can.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)