HELP: 1500 Endfloat Info Needed Quick

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: HELP: 1500 Endfloat Info Needed Quick
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 15:28:05 -0500
All,

I'm working on occasional lister John Gottstein's '75 1500.  He has a strange
rattle coming from the rear of his engine.  I checked the valve clearances
(ok), compression (ok), and anything else that could be rattling.  THe last
thing I can think of is that his thrust washer fell.  It's possible.  It would
explain the chatter he gets when starting from a stop.  Anyway,  I'm off to
pick up a dial indicator (if I can get one), but John misplaced his 1500 book
and mine's still in a box at the house somewhere.  Anyway,  if someone has a
Bentley or a Haynes 1500 book and can offer assistance, that would be great.

Thanks,

Mike