Re: HELP: 1500 Endfloat Info Needed Quick

To: mgraziano@mindspring.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HELP: 1500 Endfloat Info Needed Quick
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 18:26:44 -0800 (PST)
Mike,

The end float should be something like .014 If the
crank movement is noticable, you should be concerned.
If it's driven like this, even for a short time, you
will seriously damage the crank and the block.

Dan

--- mgraziano@mindspring.com wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm working on occasional lister John Gottstein's
> '75 1500.  He has a strange rattle coming from the
> rear of his engine.  I checked the valve clearances
> (ok), compression (ok), and anything else that could
> be rattling.  THe last thing I can think of is that
> his thrust washer fell.  It's possible.  It would
> explain the chatter he gets when starting from a
> stop.  Anyway,  I'm off to pick up a dial indicator
> (if I can get one), but John misplaced his 1500 book
> and mine's still in a box at the house somewhere.
> Anyway,  if someone has a Bentley or a Haynes 1500
> book and can offer assistance, that would be great.
>
> Thanks,

=====
Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
64 Sprite (Rotary Project)
Alexandria, Va.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful
servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten
the gift."
- Albert Einstein.