Re: an exhausting question

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, TeachJP@aol.com, Ankitterer@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: an exhausting question
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 11:35:52 EST
something has either broke or come loose in the exhaust
> department, under the hood.

JOhn--

How do you know this? Or starting the car and listening for a leak.  Another
way is to spray carb cleaner around the manifold with the engine running to
see whether it
changes the idle speed.  If it does, you have a leak or a crack.

The symptoms is that the engine sounds as if the exhaust is open.  I took the
car out last weekend (when it was almost spring-like) and there was no
problem.  Yesterday, when I started it up there was clearly something loose
or broken in the exhaust system, it isn't as loud as straight pipes, but it
is loud and coming from under the hood in the exhaust manifold, cat/pipe
area.  I could not see anything that was evident.  If it is the exhaust
manifold cracked how much more difficult is it to install a header system,
which could I use and where to get it besides Moss and Vicky Brit.?  Thanks
for all of the help.
John Poynton
79 Midget "Yellow Fever"
Havertown Pa 19083