Throwout Bearings

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, spridgets-mod@autox.team.net
Subject: Throwout Bearings
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 13:17:07 -0800
List -

I'm pulling the engine/trans on my '67 Sprite since the pivot hardware for
the clutch throwout arm fell off inside the bell housing. I'm replacing the
gearbox with a newer (and hopefully better) 'box thanks to Mike M.  I've
been looking at the usual suspects regarding throwout bearings.  VB has a
'stock replacement' for $16.95.  Mo$$ has a roller bearing unit for
$39.95.  Aside from cost, does anyone have any experience with the roller
bearing unit?  My VW bug has a roller throwout that seems to last
indefinitely.  Comments please!

regards,

Clay L.
'67 Sprite