Re: Throwout Bearings

To: Clayton La Baw <clabaw@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Throwout Bearings
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 21:48:15 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, spridgets-mod@autox.team.net
Clayton La Baw wrote:
>  Aside from cost, does anyone have any experience with the roller
> bearing unit?

New (as in recently made) carbon bearings tend to fall apart.
Bad glue I guess. Old Stock carbon bearings last 100,000 miles unless you ride
the
clutch.

I have one of each, the only difference is the cost.
But, I would look for a pre 1985 carbon bearing if I were you.
I have had more than one "new" bearing loose it's carbon in a couple months. Not
so with NOS carbons.
And I am not the only one who has expierienced this, a couple other listers have
mentioned this too.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ