Re: Recurving a distributor

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <spridgets-mod@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Recurving a distributor
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 10:38:40 -0600
I have this recurving nightmare......

Actually, I have a dizzy machine. Nice old one with all of the data up to
and including 1964 Corvairs. I've been fiddling with it in my not-so-spare
time, and hope to work out sources of springs or make them myself to
accommodate varying curves. The info that Chris found is helpful, and in
the case of Coastie Bob he would need to get the actual part number from
his newly implanted 23D4 dizzy, and hope that the rebuilder used the
original parts from that dizzy rather than any of the other will-fit parts
from other Lucas dizzies. (This level of rebuilding that one gets from the
chain suppliers rarely goes beyond a rebushing.) More than that, since his
car is equipped differently than any stock configuration, it is likely that
the recurving will require experimentation, best done on a rolling road.
         Hope this helps.   Peter C
=====