Re: More exhaust?

To: TeachJP@aol.com, redmidget72@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More exhaust?
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 10:14:30 EST
In a message dated 2/9/02 9:38:28 AM Eastern Standard Time, TeachJP@aol.com
writes:

> , how big a job is swapping out the exhaust manifold with a header?

The connection to the exhaust pipe past the header is different and may
increase from 1 1/2" to 1 3/4" as mine did. I took mine to a muffler shop
where they have all the bending and heating equipment to make a perfect
connection.  I had installed the header already, which is easy, and had made
a loose connection to get me to the muffler shop.  And if it isn't tight or
contacts the frame you can take it back for adjustment.  They don't cost a
lot to do the work either.

--David C.